- You take time to talk periodically with your partner about your relationship
- You encourage your partner to disclose his or her thoughts and feelings, and offer empathy in return
- You regularly share (in a constructive fashion) you relationship feelings, wants, and needs with your partner
- You avoid or refuse to have "relationship talks" with your partner
- You react defensively when your partner shares his or her feelings, attacking and disparaging your partner's perspective
- You routinely keep things hidden from your partner or betray your partner by sharing confidential information about him or her with others
- McCornack, S. (2007). Reflect & relate: An introduction to interpersonal communication. Bedford/ St. Martins: Boston.
- effective conflict management
I love this book! It's well organized, has delicious recipe ideas, has many creative photos, and is just all-around interesting.
Here's the book description from the InterCourses website:
"The New InterCourses: an aphrodisiac cookbook includes more than 145 aphrodisiac recipes for love and romance. Couples everywhere love this book for its romantic results, not to mention its sensual images of food set on the backdrop of the human body, tasty recipes home-tested by couples across the country, and thorough appendix with recommended aphrodisiac vendors, recipes for edible massage oils and bath salts, and charts for choosing the right aphrodisiac for the season of year, time of day, or even stage of the relationship. InterCourses is organized by foods that have been considered aphrodisiac ingredients throughout history—chocolate, asparagus, chiles, coffee, basil, grapes, strawberries, honey, artichokes, black beans, oysters, rosemary, edible flowers, pine nuts, avocados, libations/alcohol, and figs. Each chapter begins with a photograph of food on the body—an asparagus skirt, a maillot of pine nuts, a tribal necklace of figs. The images bring the food to life in a fresh light, transforming ordinary foods into extraordinary aphrodisiacs."
Make a sexy meal for your partner and watch the aphrodisiac ingredients go to work!
Related Love Lesson post
Click HERE to read about other "books i love"