As part of the "One Year Anniversary Extravaganza" for my book, I'm hosting FOUR contest giveaways that will all end in the month of August (this one will end in the third week). Each contest winner will receive a FREE signed copy of my book. Already have a copy of my book? That's okay! You can still enter- my book makes a great gift!
This contest is one of my favorites: a photo contest!
I've had a lot of fun with the last two photo contests (see the contest photo albums on my Facebook page HERE and HERE) and I've decided to do another! And since this is the one year anniversary month of my book being released (it came out in August 2011), the theme of the contest will focus on my book's chapter titles AND the winner of this contest will get a free SIGNED copy of my book (if you already have one, that's okay- as I said, they make a great gift!).
In case you didn't know already, my book's title is: "Make Love, Not Scrapbooks: And 9 Other Research-Based Love Tips to Intensify Your Relationship" (read about the book HERE) and the 10 chapter titles are as follows:
- Be Supportive
- Generate Some Blushing (about complimenting)
- Contemplate, Decide, Astonish (about gift-giving)
- Don't Worry, Be Happy (about being positive)
- Make Love, Not Scrapbooks (about having a satisfying sex life)
- Heart the Hell Out of Your Mate (about saying "I love you")
- Add in a Dash of Spice (about keeping things interesting)
- Manage that Conflict
|Chapter 11: Extra Love Tips- Trust|
So where does the Instagram part come in? I'm glad you asked. I heart Instagram! I don't have a smart phone (I know, it's totally lame), but Hus does! I feel like I'm always asking Hus for his phone to take a pic of one of our kids to Instagram it and then post it to my personal Facebook page or blog. I just love taking pics of things and then using all of the cool filters to make the pics look more interesting. C'mon, you know you love it, too!
Let's review. I'm challenging you to take a photo of something (ANYTHING) that you think represents one of the chapters in my book. Imagine I've hired you as a photographer for my book and you have to take a photo for me to print in one of the chapters. For instance, you might take a photo of someone blushing for chapter 2 or a photo of something spouses argue about for chapter 10. ANYTHING will do. Then, use one of Instagram's filters and email it to me (email@example.com). Sound good?
Here are the details (one more time!):
- Take a photo of something that you think epitomizes one of my chapter topics. It can be a photo of anything- you and your partner, your kids, your pets, your friends and family, your house, your coffee mug, your car, anything!
- Instagram it.
- Email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org-- put "Instagram Photo Contest" in the subject line and tell me what chapter your photo is connected to. Please get your photo to me by August 1, 2012 at 10pm (EST).
- I will create an album on my Facebook fan page with all of the submissions on August 2nd.
- I will then open the album for votes. Anyone will be able to "LIKE" a photo to cast their vote (which means that anyone can vote for as many photos as they want, but they can only vote for each photo once). You can also advertise your photo on your own Facebook page to get more votes (i.e. "likes").
- I'll keep the album open for votes until August 11, 2012 at 10pm (EST).
- The owner of the photo with the most "likes" will receive a signed copy of my book!!!
- Sorry, but you can only submit ONE photo to this contest.
Pretty sweet, huh? I think so.
So, get out your camera phone or start searching through the thousands of pictures on your phone to Instagram and send me. I'm waiting...